 Local / United States / Ohio / 561
Re: Possible Lego Display July 3, 2004
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.oh
Date:
Mon, 16 Feb 2004 21:07:31 GMT

Jason,

The tent is in the middle of an open grass field.  It is FAR from the
parking lots.  I've been involved with the festival for 5 years now and
don't recall ever having an issue with dust.  We also have an art exhibit
that runs all 5 days of the festival.  If there were an issue with dust, I
think that it would ahve become apparent with the art work.

Of course, things could always be different this year, if there is a drought
or something this summer!

Troy

"Jason Spears" <spearjr@hotmail.com> wrote in message
In lugnet.loc.us.oh, Troy Cefaratti wrote:
It's an outdoor festival, but the display would be under one of
the main entertainment tents.

Something to think about; Dust.  NILTC did a Thomas show at the Illinois • Rail
Museum last year, outside, and had major problems with dust.  They were • near the
parking lot and the grass that people walked on turned to dirt pretty • quick.
After the show, almost everything had a layer of dirt/dust over it.

On the other hand, MichLUG did an outside show at Lincoln Park Zoo on • pavement
and I don't recall any problems with dust at all.  So the question would • be: is
the tent setup on pavement or grass/dirt?

; Jason Spears `| <http://www.mocpages.com/home.php/69 BrickCentral> `|
  <http://www.michlug.org/ MichLUG>