 Local / United States / Ohio / 270
Re: CO BrikWars get together
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.oh
Date:
Thu, 13 Apr 2000 19:45:41 GMT

On Thu, 13 Apr 2000 18:15:35 GMT, "Adrian Drake" <tremor@apk.net>
wrote:

1000?  Wow, that might be a bit too big.  Of course, if I include my secret
army, I might get up that high too, depending on what sorts of characteristics
I give them.  Considering the size of the room we have, and the fact that we
will have 5-6 armies, it's going to get really busy really quick!

Thus far, 3 vehicles, and 2 squadrons of troops, and a third if I wish to
include it, are in my army.  Any more detail will be spoiling the fun :)  I'm
still working on building vehicles though.  I'm trying to keep the costs down,
which is obviously keeping the sizes way down.

Adrian

Well, not that I'll field all 1000 CP's of course, but it adds up
pretty quickly. I mean 40 unaltered Troops is 200 CP's. Each modified
Flash Speeder is over 200 CP's.

In most of my past wargames, I always preferred to play infantry, so
perhaps my Flash Speeders won't see any combat. I know what it says in
the beginning of BrikWars about just fielding infantry, but the world
needs ditch diggers too!

I wonder if you can make a Ninja/Champion by buying both types and
making it into a single figure? That might be a bit too powerful
though, I'm trying not to min/max out my army, but with years or RP
and wargaming behind me, its a tough thing not to do.

In addition to my army and civilians, I've got a small tub full of
foliage, burps, and brown 2x2 corners from the Speeder Bikes sets to
make some terrain/obstructions. I've only got one set of gaming dice,
but I'll also be bringing 3 hard copies of the BrikWars rules in three
ring binders if anyone needs one for the day. OfficeMax had a sale on
self serve copies.  :-O

Jeff Christner

Visit Sixby Fire Tech at - http://members.aol.com/regult/

Help support my LEGO habit. Ship by rail.
Visit http://www.nscorp.com/ to find out how.