 Local / United States / Ohio / 228
Re: CO BrikWars get together
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.oh
Date:
Tue, 11 Apr 2000 18:15:58 GMT

In lugnet.loc.us.oh, Gino A. Melone writes:
drew@netpluscom.com (LegoMasterLuke) wrote in <Fsv026.5v@lugnet.com>:
1) Yes. Don't increase the cost of TL5 units -- I'd have to
completely start over with my army.
I'm hoping not to even look at points before we play.  Everyone
should present their armies.  We all scratch out beards (so to speak)
and, hopefully, agree that the armies are fairly fairly matched.

2) Instead, decrease the cost of TL3 units! (Or, give Gino more
points to build his army with.)
I'm going to assume a lot of freedom in the size of my force.  That,
and I am planning on being the only side defending buildings.

"Give me freedom or give me death!" The quote seems fits in perfectly. :) (I
know that the original quote is 'give me liberty.')

3) That is a good idea! Diplomacy! ("Say pretty please and you'll
have the Gyro rifle support ... ")
I think, by diplomacy, what is meant is finding an ally.  Convincing
you that you really want to practice defending a castle, instead of
attacking.  Now, that would be diplomacy.

Yes, I know what you mean. I hinted that if you said pretty please, I would be
your ally, and back up your knights with Gyro rifle support.

A TL3 army going toe to toe with a TL5 army ... for game purposes,
ok, but in real life? That would be butchery, even IF they had
magic.

("Enchant THIS!" *blam* *blam* *blam*)
Hmm.  I may need to work up some proper stats for Wizards and Dragons
for another battle.  Magicians who exist in a predominately TL5
universe.  And, know how it works.  (Hmm, what book was that?)
Electromagnetic area effects could be fun.  Drain energy could be fun.
Than there is a little side issue.  Does shielding, or armor, have any
effect on magic.  A death spell which ignores all technological
defenses would clear the field rather quickly.

A death spell. Hmmm. I need a reflect spell. ;) There would have to be some
kind of limit on that, like making it a mana-sucking spell, as that would be a
bit toooooo cruel, even for a TL3 army.

Anyway, I think you need to concentrate a little less on the
statistics and worry about fielding an army which will be fun to play.

And fun to build. :)

Costing and balancing, yes .. those would be the hardest part to do
in a role playing game. (of any sort.)
Seems that way in all of life...

So true.

LegoMasterLuke