 Local / United States / Ohio / 204
Re: CO BrikWars get together
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.oh
Date:
Mon, 10 Apr 2000 23:52:22 GMT

In lugnet.loc.us.oh, Mike Rayhawk writes:
If stuff can go down with one lucky shot, the best building tactic would be • to
have a huge army of spread out [armed] minifigures.

Not really, minifigs get splattered pretty quick whether the shots are lucky
or not, and they're also relatively slow.

I am going to try my luck with a minifigure horde .... and learn from my
mistakes, I suppose.

Question .... do minifigures have to be in color? Spacemen usually have the
planet icon with the spaceship orbiting it. I have 1 broken torso with that
insignia. (And a ton of other misc. stuff.)

The rules aren't very strict in that regard, they're only so you can tell
different troop types apart (i.e., the only requirement for being a Scout is
to be bald and wear no hat).  Usually you want all your troops to be the same
color (or be standing on stands of the same color) just so it's easy to tell
which side they're on, but it's not necessary.  They don't have to be space
minifigs either.  You want to make it clear somehow whose team they're on and
what troop types they are, but you can do that however you want.

Good. I might go for a "mercenary" horde, as all my armed minifigures come
from just about every different version of space there is. (I've got Star
Wars, M-Tron, Blacktron, Exploriens, and who knows what else.

3) I need the URL for the 2000 edition rules of Brik War. (Hint hint.)

What's this?  But yesterday you said:

Check out the Official BrikWars Home Page at
http://www.teleport.com/~rayhawks/brikwars.htm

Trust me, I know these things :)

Well, that's where you'll find them! :)

I was talking about Chaff, Flares, aircraft identification, and air-to-air
combat tactics, not Brik War rules.

They're under the link for The BrikWars 2000 Project.  This will take you to
http://www.teleport.com/~rayhawks/revision.htm ,
from which page you can view chapters of the 2000 edition.

Thank you. I'll go study them sometime this week.

LegoMasterLuke