 Local / United States / Ohio / 162
Re: CO BrikWars get together
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.oh
Date:
Fri, 7 Apr 2000 15:25:01 GMT

So far we have the following people who've expressed an interest:
*LegoMasterLuke (aka Drew Lawrence)
Gino A. Melone
*Tiffany Vincent
*Adrian Drake (way cool name)
John Matthews
Jorge Rodríguez

A star (*) indicates that the person appears to be from out-of-town, that
is they have a greater than 45 minute drive to I-270.

Where exactly are the asterisk'd people from?  I'm from Cleveland, but I have
no idea where the other two are from.  Here's the reason I ask.  I have a
fairly good sized house, which has a family room that would be very good for a
BrikWars campaign.  I'd be willing to host, but I doubt people are going to
want to drive to Cleveland for this, since a majority seem to live in
Columbus.

1) I live in Perry county. Do you know where New Lexington is? Summerset?
Zanesville? I live in that general area.

2) Cleveland! Ack! That IS a ways away. (For me, at least.)

3) Yes, we'd probably need somebody in Columbus to host. That leaves Gino
Melone and John Matthews, as Jorge Rodriguez said that he'd have to work on
the 15th.

4) Gino, John -- can either of you two host? You guys are the only people in
Columbus who will be able to attend.....

Any other thoughts anyone wants to share?  I'm thinking we should post an
anouncement of our event in the other lugnet.loc.oh.* groups.  Maybe in the
gaming group, too.  Objections?

Since the date of April 15th is faily well settled (I think) aside from one
person who may not make it, the only real issue right now is where this'll
be.  Do any of the Columbusites have a house big enough to host 5-6 people and
all the Lego?  Will we have to rent a place?  If the latter, how much will it
cost and who will pay for it?

Gino Melone and John Matthews are, as I said, the only people we've got living
in Columbus. If neither of them can host this event, we probably will have to
rent a "place." What kind of place are we talking about? An apartment?
(Overkill.) I don't know if we can rent an apartment for one day, anyway. A
room in a motel? The motel would cost about $40 for all day.

I hope somebody can host it, as it would be much cheaper for all of us.
However, if we all pitched in $10, we could probably rent something.

Gino? John? Please be able to host ... *crosses fingers*

   Gino A...

Adrian

LegoMasterLuke
(BTW, Adrian Drake, I really like your name too. Your parents must be cool;)