 Local / United States / New York / Syracuse / 118
Re: Other things..... To Build
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.ny.syr
Date:
Wed, 21 Jun 2000 05:25:21 GMT

In lugnet.loc.us.ny.syr, John Robert Blaze Kanehl writes:
In lugnet.loc.us.ny.syr, Wayne Sardullo writes:
I was sitting in work today wondering what else I could make considering
my wide asortment of Lego. I really got a kick out of those Meca Idea's • however
it just doesn't seem to be enough. I looked back to one other hobby I had
several years ago before they became to expensive. Transformers, I'm not sure
if anyone really tackled this because you really got to get you engineering
skills together. I'm currently doodling with a few of the First Generation
Transformers (Jazz, Prowl, StarScream....) I need to get some picts
I have some good ideas, and this will be a nice model if I can get it down.
Does anyone have any of the first gen Transformers? I need to get my hands on • a
few to play, Dam, I wish I kept mine.

Wayne

Transformers were a ittle after my time = )
(although I do confess to watching reruns of the cartoon at 5:30am when I
lived in Albany a couple years ago)

Heheheh, I just recently saw the New Transformers TV show Beast Wars. Man have
we come a long way in computer Renderings.

I liked Jazz (a porsche right?) and Starscream (f-14/15?) and the T-rex Dino

The T Rex was Grimlock.

Putting alot of things in prespective, there is more then just making a model
of either the car or robot. I can't recall or find anyone who has done the deed
of a Transformer converted to Lego. If anyone is out there let me know;)
Maybe one of those WOW, that's %$#^%@#$ awsome! heheh We shall see!

...I thought their transforming sequence could be replicated with my
parts...man was I wrong...lol

This will be a big challange but I think I can do it.

I think if you do a search of .build or .technics for transformers you may
be surprised...

I looked but really didn't find anything helpful

I remember seeing a page that had the original optimus, a robotech veritech,
and some other designs...

Hmmm, I found it but it was a dead link.

I agree that doing replicas of these models would require a fair bit of
engineering and combination of standard bricks and technic elements.  I
never owned any of the Transforers, but I mimagine it would be hard to
recreate their changing sequences without having a model of each on hand.

We shall see, I suggested Jazz because I thought that was the best one. I
remember to this day how he transformed and what pieces did what. There is one
thing that might be a good outcome verse the original Transformers. I can
always change the design of parts because they are bricks.

We shall see, the Journey Begins........

Wayne

                       John