 Local / United States / New York / Binghamton / 137
Re: Final Update on Ken :(
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.ny.bin
Date:
Mon, 2 Jul 2001 05:28:01 GMT

I did not know Ken outside of a few emails and posts here a few weeks ago.
As a fellow Lugnetter I will miss his comments and contributions here.  As a
fellow New Yorker separated by only 150 miles or so, I feel that I have lost a
great opportunity to personaly meet someone with such strong interests similar
to my own.  The love of the Lego brick is a strong feeling and I am sure that I
would have enjoyed knowing Ken.

As someone who has also suffered a debilitating injury I feel I have lost my
inspiration.  Ken and I communicated about how our disabilities made enjoying
Lego building less pleasureable and sometimes frustrating.  Being confined to a
wheelchair or a bed certainly limits my time and pleasure of actually creating
with Lego bricks, but Ken shared some of his feelings about this and I will
remember them always.  I once commented jokingly about an AFOL support group
for those of us with disabilities and Ken remarked that simply playing with and
thinking about Lego was support enough.

I am sure that I will continue to remember Ken when the frustrations of my
physical limitations affect the plesure I get from creating with Lego.

My sincerest condolences

__Kevin Salm__
....Don't ever give up the brick....

.