 Local / United States / New York / Binghamton / 103
Re: Rolling the Call again
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.ny.syr, lugnet.loc.us.ny.bin
Date:
Thu, 21 Jun 2001 02:36:10 GMT

My thoughts on CNYlug.

#1 open to those who are interested.

#2 From those in #1 in the beginning I suggest you come up
with a logo for CNYlug.   John R has already done so. I am still working on
mine. this isn't an order, just a requested to get some ideas, as it stands
I like John R logo.

#3 I would like to encourage the exchange of building designs. So we can all
grow from the experience.

#4 Opened to all themes. I will try to not be bias and say my Theme is better
then your theme and I encourage everyone to do the same so no ones feelings is
hurt.

#5 I'm just as content with Virtual Meetings however, it would be nice from
time to time to get together even if its just for a night out.

#6 Age? Well I am opened to all ages in most cases, I refuse to be a
babysitter.

#7 Webpages? I would like to but, I would keep it simple. Basically a page for
each member( summury of that person!) not some college 10 page paper on their
life story, unless it relates to lego of course.

Other pages would be our themes that display our work...
and a hand full of links. this way maintaining it would be a snap.

#8 A Membership fee? well I would only encourage that if we were actually doing
something that would need such a thing like renting a place or whatever.
Initially I say no way... Money usually just makes problems.. Although I am
totally willing to take donatations ;)

#9 Even if we are a small group do those people have the ability to take (GOOD)
picts of their creations? This would be a must. I want to make a scrap book.

#10 everything else I forgot about this....

I would really like to hear from everyone, Ideas, comments, Flames....

Wayne

In lugnet.loc.us.ny.syr, John Rudy writes:
X-post to Binghamton due to recent activity...
In lugnet.loc.us.ny.syr, Wayne Sardullo writes:
<snip>
ROLLCALL
Name: Wayne Sardullo
Area: Liverpool, 2 miles from toys R Us. (North of Syracuse)
Age: 26, 27 is right around the corner
Themes: Heavy into Trains and Technic. Starting to get into sculptures. • havn't
built anything yet though.
Webpage: its getting a facelift. Not Aval at this time.
Cheers..
Wayne

Hi Wayne!
Nice to hear from you.  Things havebeen going OK the past few months.  We
have some new faces around Syracuse. (no, I'm not talking about the
mayor)Names have been poping up from who-knows-where. In the meantime, I've
been building.
I'll continue on with the ROLLCALL

Name: John Rudy
Area: Pompey (20 miles south of da city)
Age: 16 (going on 25 as my Mom says)
Themes: Open to just about everything, getting into trains(Yes, Wayne, I
know you're happy) and heavy into Space and Town now.
Webpage: Redone recently: http://www.geocities.com/tjjohn12

The CNYLUG Idea [1] is starting to brew once-more. It's begining to look
more tempting as I get into an easily displayable theme.  We'll have to chat
about this more later...
...Until Then
-John Rudy
http://www.geocities.com/tjjohn12