 Local / United States / New Jersey / Newark / 7
Re: SW sets are in Ann Arbor Meijer's! :)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.nj.new, lugnet.loc.us.mi.grr
Date:
Tue, 23 Mar 1999 07:29:47 GMT

Larry Pieniazek wrote:

What's going on here? Can't we all just get along? (bumming because when
my SnowSpeeder came, the order list had the dreaded "Backordered" for
scoutbike and Y/Tie... Sigh)

   </lego>

   Eh, that's just your run-of-the-mill U-M combativeness.  They don't
   have basketball to watch, after all...;)  Unfortunately, my Spartans are
   liable to get walloped by Duke.  On the other hand, it wasn't Ann Arbor
   that suffered the rash of couch-burning booze riots last year...heh.

   <lego>

   The Tie/Y set is backordered?!?!?  Now I'm really wishing I'd bought
   that one I saw at a Target in metro Detroit while on break last week.  In

   NJ, I have yet to find *any* SW sets--I've tried Wal-marts, Targets,
   Toys-Backwards-R-Us, even FAO Schwartz and some independents.
   The dream is to get two sets of speeder bikes, an X-Wing, a landspeeder,
   and a snowspeeder ASAP.  I need those parts, especially the nice new
   wingtip blaster pieces.  They're perfect antiaircraft guns for my
navy...sigh.
   If I could only find the time to build!

   LFB