 Local / United States / North Carolina / Raleigh / 19
Re: anyone out there?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.nc.ral
Date:
Thu, 25 Mar 1999 20:58:46 GMT

Alan wanted me to post this:
From: Alan Clegg <abc@bast.firehouse.net>

This won't make it to the lugnet groups, but a followup:

        TRU at crossroads does not have StarWars as of this
        morning, and the 'regional manager' informed me that
        "Oh, those have not been released yet".  (SIGH) But
        their Thursday shipment has not been shelved yet, so
        I'm planning on a "4:30" run to see what is available.

        TRU at Crabtree has almost nothing (looks like a Roses
        store just before they went out of business).

        Super-K-Mart in Garner has nothing, as does K-Mart at
        Western Blvd.

        Zainey Brainy (up from Crabtree) is getting in a general
        shipment tomorrow, and recommended that I call Friday afternoon
        and see what came in.  They are expecting a "LARGE SHIPMENT"
        of Legos shortly, but don't know if this is the truck or not.
        On a positive note, they actually know what they are, and have
        had one shipment 'in-and-out' so far.

I managed to get a Snow Speeder, Speeder Bike, and Land Speeder from
K-Mart in Cary, as those were the only sets left.  I was in there on
Wednesday morning at 9:00 and was told by the clerk that "some guy
just came in here and bought about $75 worth of those things."  8)

I just wish I had gotten there first.

If you would, please forward this on to the lugnet mailing list.

-abc
--
Frank Filz

Work: mailto:ffilz@us.ibm.com