Subject:
Apollo 11 Commemorative Display and Event at the North Carolina Museum of Life and Science July 17
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.nc
Date:
Tue, 13 Apr 2004 23:44:14 GMT

Hi all,

NCLUG got clearance for a building event/display at the Museum of Life and Science in Durham, North Carolina July 17 to commemorate the 35th anniversary of the Apollo 11 landing. Naturally, this will be a - SPACE - themed event, and SciBrick will be involved with this event, as the Communications Officer to SciBrick is also the Administrator of NCLUG.

This will be the second event done at the Museum with NCLUG, and the first with SciBrick. The previous event was done after Christmas 2003 and brought in an estimated 800 people to see our display and play with the brick, according to the Museum. NCLUG also got local TV and newspaper coverage.

More details will come as plans are made.

Joe Meno, SciBrick Communications Officer, NCLUG Administrator, and of course, .space paparazzi!