Subject:
The meeting's TOMORROW!!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.nc
Date:
Fri, 21 Feb 2003 06:00:41 GMT

Hi all!

NCLUG's meeting is set for Saturday-that's tomorrow-at Cameron Village
Regional Library from noon to 3pm!  Where is that? Check here for directions:

http://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.adp?country=US&addtohistory=&address=1930+Clark+Avenue&city=Raleigh&state=NC&zipcode=&homesubmit=Get+Map

The meeting will be in the conference room, which can handle up to 100
people, which I don't expect:), but that also means there's lotsa room for
showing off your creations! So bring something you did to the meeting.
You'll be at a place where others will enjoy meeting and seeing other Lego
builders.

I (Joe Meno) will be at the library at 11:30 to get things set up. Keep in
mind that there will be three hours of time to show stuff and chat, so bring
creations that need a minimum of  setup time.

I am very happy with the number of peope that confirmed...I didn't know how
many people would come. It appears that there will be  around 10 people
showing up to show and tell! And trade too!

You want to know who will show? Here's some names-not all emails have names
with them, so I can't give you a complete list:

• Nick Goetz - Lego and Disney!! (Funny, I love those too)

• Cary Clark - Trains and trains and trains

• Joe Meno- Whatever catches my fancy..pretty much a Space person

• Alex Lee- Bionicle (and he wants to trade masks!)

• William Pederson - hm,  he didn't tell me what his interests are..

• Fritz Grondy- Castle and castle and castle
(if I repeat, it's because 've seen thier work and it's really NICE!)

• Mark MusettI (who has a Technic Shuttle 8480 ($135) for sale as well as a
Technic  Super Car 8880 ($160))..and while we cannot sell in the library, we
can sell elsewhere, like the parking lot:) And the prices are pretty
reasonable here!

• Gareth, um....I don't know. I DO know that his models can be seen online
at www.fbtb.net...look on the left sidebar for Gareth's Model Shop at:
http://www.fbtb.net/gareth/garethindex.asp

There are a few more that have replied to me that may show up, including a
military modeler!

And one thing to keep in mind is that this will be a public meeting, so
children will be permitted  to see. If you have a creation that you want to
protect, please tell me and I will make signs, watch, whatever it takes to
make sure things work well!

Anyone want snacks? Thinking about chips and soft drinks.

Anyways, I'm  starting to digress...so I better go!

See ya Saturday!

Joe Meno