Re: where is it?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.nc
Date:
Sat, 24 Mar 2001 14:52:03 GMT

Mike Walsh wrote:

"sheree rosenkrantz" <srosez@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:GAoozH.DE@lugnet.com...
this has been a great evening...

in anticipation of trading tomorrow i started going through my various
stashes of Lego.  about 10 seconds into this activity i had a panic
attack... where is my coal car/trainmotor car?  if we end up meeting at
Jimmy's i could run my run my new engine for the first time.  [new engine • is
Canary Express]  this was about 7:15pm.  have i found it? no.  am i
distraught? very.
did i at least organize my stash some while turning it upside down looking
for my precious little coal car? of course not.  did i get together stuff • to
trade? no.  how can i bear to part with anything else!  do i feel • ridiculous
for being so upset? yes.  where could it be?  i know it's in the house...
where?  how come i can't get past this and realize it will eventually turn
up?  maybe because i fear it won't?

sheree

This happens to me all the time - particularly with things I have traded.
The other night I opened up every single storage box of LEGO I have in my
garage looking for a used 6546 Slick Racer that I had sold on Brickbay
(http://guide.lugnet.com/set/6546).  I didn't find it.  The next night I did
the exact same thing.  Never found it, and I have no idea where it is.
Fortunately (for the buyer, not for me) I had another one in an unopened box
so I sent that one out.  I have had a number of things recently mysteriously
evaporate it seems.  ;-)

Yea, right now I can't find my box of 16x16x2 platforms and ramps...
That's not exactly a small thing to loose...

After Brickfest 2000, I couldn't find a little plastic baggie of picks,
and finally a couple months or two ago, it surfaced. It had gotten into
something else and was just quietly hiding.

Of course then there was the morning I came out of the apartment to go
to work and couldn't find my van. Eventually I realized a little pile of
broken glass was right next to where I had thought my van was, and a
neighbor mentioned their dog started barking in the middle of the night.
Of course silly me had  been leaving a set of keys in the car. I called
the police and then called a friend to get a ride to work. When he
arrived, he said, "Hey, Frank, did you know your van is in a parking
spot on top of the hill?". Ummm... Ok, let friend go back to work. Go up
check van. Yup it's mine. Yup, it's been ransacked. Call the cops back
again, wait for them to arrive and bring in someone to dust the car.
Finally get to work in the afternoon.

Frank