Subject:
aftermath oct. 20 /thanks!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.nc
Date:
Sun, 22 Oct 2000 21:14:46 GMT

Got home about 2:30, not back down to earth yet :-). [I would've gotten home
sooner but after Cary's BOGO story I had to keep looking at the tailgate to
make sure I wasn't leaking Lego down the highway.  Then there was the drag
race at the truck weighing station that I slowed down to see the outcome.]

Thank you Cary for hosting!!!! and for letting me "shop" in your Lego
pavillion.   I brought home over twice the amount of Lego that I left home
with....  The 4565 will go to D not me...  She decided it was indeed better
than the 4561.  She still wants a 4561, but is gambling that I can get one on
sale  after Dec.  and that this way she will end up with both eventually.
Thanks goodness she is a sweetie pie and loves to share with her ole mum.
Wind up car races on the kitchen floor all yesterday.  Intermission  was
sorting and splitting  the bucket.  D took the green hat, all the windows,
doors, minifigs ,  and white fence rails.  I took all the arches and slopes
with all else being an even split.

The writing came off the Fabuland garage block.  Used a bit of fingernail
polish remover and then used an eraser to get into the textured  surface.  I
think next time I try the eraser first.

Haven't refitted FV55 with real train wheels yet. Soon ... I am waiting 'til I
can get everyone here settled into something  and have some uninterupted
time.  It does happen occasionally.  All here agree the yellow wheels  are far
superior to the brown.  I never would have thought that I could keep them to
mask the real wheels.  Was that your idea or Franks ? or was it Jimmy's?  hope
it works...

Looked up Steve Barile's yellow curve building.  You were right 6 sides.
Great building!  I want to attempt a one or two story version.  It will have
to be a multicolor version.

Frank, once again thanks for all the Fabuland.  I am anxious to see your
pictures of Cary's Yellow Arts Building.  You know how I like it!  (You did
get one of the front as well as the side???)   I know I'll be searching
through your brickshelf stuff to locate the pics of your bridge.  Someday  I
want to build one like it.  It's wide enough for Fabuland and ingenious use of
parts.

Jimmy , I am looking forward to seeing your the  wild West creation you are in
the process of planning.  Also appreciate the suggestion about keeping the
FV55 connections as they are.  It will be easier  and be more in character
with the whole tone of the creation - i.e. weird is wonderful.

More runnin round my head, but it is time to cook dinner.  Family is much more
agreeable  and tolerant of my Lego Lunacy when I feed them on time :-) .

sheree