Re: Question for NC people who have ordered from DYA
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.nc
Date:
Wed, 5 Apr 2000 05:54:00 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

"Thomas D Fulk Jr" <tfulkjr@mail.idt.net> wrote in message

    I should probably be posting this in the shipping group, but I'm
really only interested in responses from NC people for now, that's why
it is  here instead.  I placed an order to DYA on March 14th and
haven't received it yet.  My only other order from DYA back in Jan.
only took 2 weeks to get here, so I am starting to get a bit
concerned... did I just get lucky the last time, or should I be
getting worried about my order?  (That other order was much smaller
than the one I'm looking for, maybe a big package takes longer?)
What's the typical shipping time you have seen from DYA to NC?

I have placed a couple orders with DYA.  I was fortunate enought to get in
on the two train offerings (first time 4532 and 4539 although I only
purchased 4539 and the second time 4537, 4547, and 4549), each time my order
came within three weeks.  Right after I placed my second order I ordered a
5571 (Model Team Black Cat) for my Dad for Christmas.  Even though I placed
the orders within  minutes of each other, the 5571 arrived at my parents
house a full month after my train sets arrived at my house.  Odd?  Yes.  But
Emmanuel was able to track the 5571 and when I finally asked him to do so he
was able to determine that is was in the US and my Dad received it a couple
days later.

I believe DYA to be a very reputable and customer service oriented company.
If you have concerns, contact Emmanuel and see what he can do. I will order
again without hesitation.  Unfortunately, the sets he has located recently
have also been available in the US for about the same price.

Mike - mike_walsh@mindspring.com

PS:  DYA packs their LEGO sets better than anyone else I have ever  ordered
from.