 Local / United States / Missouri / St. Louis / 61
60  |  62
Subject:
St. Louis Lego Store
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.mo.stl, lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Tue, 3 Sep 2002 02:45:12 GMT

I don't know if anybody has been to the Galleria Mall
here in St. Louis lately, but a Lego store has moved
in recently.

It had all the new themes: Star Wars, Bionicle,
Creator, Harry Potter, Extreme Sports, etc. The store
did have some Lego exclusive items like non-themed
t-shirts (both adult and child sizes), pencil tins,
calculators, stuffed animals, Star Wars pens and hats,
and castle foam sword and shield (sold separately).
I'm sure there's some stuff I missed.

I did notice an ad for the upcoming Harry Potter line
which showed Harry with a silver sword and a large
snake in the background. The snake looked to be along
the same make lines as the dinosaurs sets; a
brontosaur neck with a snake head.

The few prices I looked at seemed to be rather steep.
For instance, the Tie Fighter (set 7146, retail $20)
was priced at $25 and the Final Duel (set 7103, retail
~$12) was $15. After the sticker shock of those two
sets, I didn't bother looking at anything other
prices.

The store's setup didn't look particularly permanent,
so hopefully it will flesh out some and isn't just a
temporary thing (ie St. Louis being a test market). I
would love to see some bulk bricks and accessory
packs. I was in shock and forgot to ask the clerk
about the future of the store.

-Jack
AFOL, St. Louis