 Local / United States / Missouri / 63
Re: How to make a Lego club work?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.mo
Date:
Thu, 16 Dec 1999 02:49:54 GMT

In lugnet.loc.us.mo, Andreas Stabno writes:
In lugnet.loc.us.mo, Levering A. Reynolds writes:
If we all agree that starting a Lego club in Missouri would be good, how do • we
start?  Do we get together a see how many people show, and what do we do on a
first meeting, build or try to plan a layout or both?  I would hate to see
this die.  I think a Lego club in this area would open up wide if we could
find the proper opening.  Maybe if we put up a display in some toy shop or
train shop with a need for more members.  Maybe we can meet before Christmas.

Andrew Reynolds

I'm planning on putting together a LEGO fest here in Kansas City sometime over
the holidays.  We'll make sure to brainstorm ideas for MALUG (Mid America LEGO
User Group) or whatever it will be called.

So....anyone who wants to get together in KC, please send

dates you are (aren't) available
things you want to do during our LEGO fest
     (trade, build, watch film, eat, play, ...)
items you wish to bring
contact info

If you don't want to clutter the newsgroup, just send me an email.

Build well,

Andreas Stabno
http://www.megsinet.net/~stabno/SimiLego.htm

Argh... I would love to make it, however I am not sure if I can swing anything
during the holidays (due to work schedule)... sigh :(

I also don't want to see this thing die either.  Unfortunately, I don't know
the way to go about it :(