 Local / United States / Missouri / * (-5)
Subject:
Evansville Old Time Train Show
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.gtwlug, lugnet.loc.us.mo.stl
Date:
Thu, 6 Sep 2007 19:53:25 GMT

GtwLUG is going to Evansville on Saturday, Sept. 22nd for the Evansville Old Time Train Show & Swap Meet.

Flier for Evansville Old Time Train Show & Swap Meet

More details availabe on our web-site.

--Jack GtwLUG

Subject:
Get a glimpse of Legoland Missouri plan
Newsgroups:
lugnet.legoland, lugnet.loc.us.mo, lugnet.loc.us.ks, lugnet.announce, lugnet.mediawatch
Date:
Thu, 8 Feb 2007 05:09:28 GMT

RED Development, city and state officials held an open house today to present the LEGOLAND project and answer questions. I had the chance to drop by the presentation on the way home from work today. I did not have time to stay for the presentation, but I did pick up the handout detailing the project.

The area they are looking at is an ideal spot for the section on town they

From the Handout:

Begin Quote

LEGOLAND Missouri is not just another shopping center and entertainment attraction.
  • The proposed LEGOLAND park is just one component of a 200 acre development that includes retail, office, aquarium, convention center and hotel
  • LEGOLAND and Sea Life Aquarium are international sucess stories, which entertain and educate millions of families with young children every year
  • A LEGOLAND in Lee’s Summit will be only the firth LEGOLAND in the World and the second in the US and Sea Life will be the first in the country
  • LEGOLAND California has been voted the number one theme park for Children in the United States for five years running, and LEGOLAND parks worldwide receive well over 90% guest satisfaction
  • LEGOLAND offers exciting programs for schools that bring a classroom curriculum to life
Two-thirds of the money necessary to build this development will come from private investment.
  • Total cost of the project is $539 million
  • The LEGOLAND park is asking for $110 million in public support
  • Any financial risk associated with the TIF bonds will rest with the developer
“We see the LEGOLAND project as a great addition to an already fantastic quality of life in Lee’s Summit and a substantial draw for the metro area of Kansas City and the State of Missouri. We look forward to continue the process of bringing these exciting international attractions to Lee’s Summit.”

John Ussher, LEGOLAND Dan Lowe, RED Development

End quote

Illustration of proposed park:

Illustration
of proposed park

Scan of Handout

Other recent articles/editorials from the Kansas City Star:

Lee’s Summit must be skeptical in reviewing LEGOLAND proposal City should seek an independent analysis of project finances

Theme park would be a great addition to KC area

Re: GtwLUG to Display in St. Charles
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.gtwlug, lugnet.loc.us.mo
Date:
Wed, 17 Jan 2007 14:46:03 GMT

That's this Saturday, January 20th, 9am to 3pm. Not sure what they're
charging for an entrance fee.

--Jack

--- Jack Hawk <jack_lego_maniac@yahoo.com> wrote:

GtwLUG has again been invited by the St. Charles Model Railroad Club
setup a display at the Heart of St. Charles Banquet Center (I-70 and
5
th St) for their annual one day show.

Doors are open to public from 9:00AM to 3:00PM.

Jack Hawk
GtwLUG
St. Louis, MO

The fish are biting.

Yahoo! Music Unlimited
Access over 1 million songs.
http://music.yahoo.com/unlimited

Subject:
GtwLUG to Display in St. Charles
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.mo, lugnet.org.us.gtwlug
Date:
Wed, 17 Jan 2007 12:34:05 GMT

GtwLUG has again been invited by the St. Charles Model Railroad Club to
setup a display at the Heart of St. Charles Banquet Center (I-70 and 5
th St) for their annual one day show.

Doors are open to public from 9:00AM to 3:00PM.

Jack Hawk
GtwLUG
St. Louis, MO

The fish are biting.

Subject:
KCLUG - Greater Kansas City Model Railroad Expo - Pictures
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains, lugnet.town, lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.loc.us.mo
Date:
Thu, 12 Oct 2006 02:26:15 GMT

Kansas City lUG completed our first train show a couple weeks ago. We had a 10ft by 15ft layout which I think was a complete sucess. We were invited back next year, so if your around, join us.

Warning there are several very big overall pictures.

Pictures:

Let us know what you think.

Matthew Rausch -Remove .diespamdie. to email

Redisplay Messages:  Brief | Compact