 Local / United States / Minnesota / Minneapolis/St. Paul / 34
Re: Upper Midwest Lego Train Club
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.mn.msp
Date:
Mon, 11 Jan 1999 06:51:24 GMT

Gee Lar- I was going to do the shirts gratis.  After a while we can sink in
the serious coin for embroidery.  As for the logo -here is the Georgia dudes
logo:  http://www.geocities.com/CapeCanaveral/Launchpad/9110/  a little too
slick and webby pagey for my taste.  I like the PNLTC's logo, but perhaps a
little busy.  I'm working on some ideas... say, how do the colors red and
orange grab everyone? (at least we could model our own engine in club
colors:)

Larry Pieniazek wrote:

I have a bazillion tee shirts. I'd favor spending more and getting a
collared shirt with embroidery instead of a screened shirt. On a
previous project, we got some for in the 30s ballpark... 4 thread colors
on a small offset (over the heart) front logo and about 15 colors in a a
transfer print on the back (but that was just imaging, not embroidery)

But I think a shirt is premature, we need a logo first.

The <-O-> may be trade dress or a trademark of TLG. But if not, I'd
favor using it.
Note that PNLTC uses a different arrow (it kind of reminds me a bit of
BritRail's old logo).

Can we ask PNLTC if we can use their arrow, perhaps in a different color
(different color to show difference, same arrow for continuity). What
did the Georgia gang do?

John Neal wrote:

okay, I have contacted a few people who have expressed an interest in
forming the UMLTC.  None, however, are in close proximity, so I figure
we can start off in Cyberspace and go from there.  At the very least we
can get us a logo and print some T-shirts & sit around online and chat
about legos.  At the most we could (gasp) host events periodically , but
I think at this point most of us are busy enough with other things that
one more (huge) thing on the table isn't feasible:(
So, first things first...T-shirts!  It is my occupation to design and
print 'em, so I'm all over that.  We should come up with a logo, so any
feedback is good.  I was thinking of something derivative of Railroads
indiginous to our area- Milwaukee Road, BN, GN, Soo, etc.  I'm not
decided one way or the other regarding the utilization of the lego
double arrow in some way.  Other than that, I'm open for ideas.  I have
been contemplating a club such as this for a while now, and since I have
discovered RTL and Lugnet I am blown away to find people who are into
Lego trains WAY more than I- tres cool!  So, no worries, and I'll
continue to solicit support.
-John