 Local / United States / Michigan / Detroit / 3
Re: META: us.mi groups
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.mi.det, lugnet.loc.us.mi.fli, lugnet.loc.us.mi.grr, lugnet.loc.us.mi.lan
Date:
Fri, 16 Oct 1998 14:20:15 GMT

Once upon a time, jgowell@umich.edu (James Gowell) wrote:

In article <36111804.2662005@lugnet.com>, blisses@worldnet.att.net says...

Do we really need 4 ng for Michigan?

Unless/until traffic reaches reasonably high levels, why not
consolidate?  If something really super-cool happens in Detroit, I
might be willing to drive over.  So I'm reasonably interested in
loc.us.mi.det.  Ditto for loc.us.mi.lan and loc.us.mi.fli.

Steve

Well, as the other groups are empty except for the openning posts, lets use
GRR as the main meeting point for now.  How about posting your message into
those groups so people know to come over here.

I'll just cross-post this reply to the Michigan groups.

I caught something Todd said about the state-level in the loc.us.*
hierarchy.  Basically, it's just there as a convenience for tracking
down specific city-groups.  Interesting.  Which makes sense, since I'm
as interested in what happens in Chicago as I am in Detroit
activities.  Except for the pesky Indiana-state border guards.

BTW, I'm in the Ann Arbor area, my parents are in the Lansing area.  Together
we can scour the State's Meijers, Targets, K-Marts and Wal Marts.

Hmm.  I wonder what kind of response you'd get if you posted a
"Willing to buy used LEGO" ad around UM.

Steve