 Local / United States / Michigan / 486
Re: New LEGO Outlet Store
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.mi, lugnet.loc.ca.on
Date:
Tue, 12 Jun 2001 01:48:49 GMT

In lugnet.loc.us.mi, Lindsay Frederick Braun writes:

  Not unless that's suddenly become legal in Ontario.  Otherwise
  it's Detroit you have a lot in common with...;)

"Legal", no.  But "not illegal", yes.  Which means you get subtle
advertisements for it in the newspapers, right after the comics.
I say Windsor has a lot in common with Nevada because, being a
border town, the foreign visitors from the states (where it is
illegal) come here instead.

I was so ashamed when I realized where I had moved to...  :]

  Windsor has long struck me as a strange version of Kalamazoo
  that's trapped in the 1960s-70s architecturally.  Don't know
  why, it just has.

That's because it's pretty much true.  This whole area lives and
dies with the auto industry.  The auto industry thrives, and the
city doesn't do too much  :]  The auto industry slumps, and Windsor
delapidates just a little more.  Many of the houses here are
wartime (WW2).

KDJ
LUGNETer #203, Windsor, Ontario, Canada