 Local / United States / Michigan / 374
Re: Life on Mars sets in Detroit Area!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.mi
Date:
Sun, 19 Nov 2000 17:27:20 GMT

In lugnet.announce, Jeremiah VanderMark writes:
Hi All,

I went on a metro-area-wide hunt today to find some 2001 sets, and while
there's nothing impressive yet, it's looking good. The only sets I could
find at any of the TRU's (and these were the only ones available at all of
them, strangely) were the Red Planet Cruiser, the Studios set with the
scrolling backdrop, and the Dino Head set. I asked at some of them, and
several said "yeah, we've got some boxes back there that we haven't opened
yet..." It was all I could do to keep from breaking into the stockroom and
ripping those boxes open :c)
All in all, not bad: I got a Red Planet Cruiser (a pretty sad set, frankly,
but it's *something*), a couple of Gundam models, and a shogun on his horse
that didn't scan and the cashier let me have it for free :c)
Jeremiah what store was that at?(which TRU)