 Local / United States / Michigan / *802 (-10)
Re: First SE Michigan AFOL gets $400+ sets for only $30 TODAY!!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.mi
Date:
Wed, 7 Jun 2006 19:24:52 GMT

I don't collect these sets, and I just want to get rid of them to a worthwhile
Southeast Michigan AFOL.  First person that gets to my house can have the entire
lot for only $30. (Email contact first)

I tried sending you an email but it's being blocked.  I'll fill out the form,
but you can email me at this address.  Count me interested.

Peter

Subject:
First SE Michigan AFOL gets $400+ sets for only $30 TODAY!!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, lugnet.loc.us.mi
Date:
Wed, 7 Jun 2006 19:16:52 GMT

OK,

Usually the saying "if it sounds too good to be true, it probably isn't" always
comes to mind.  But this is legit.....

A friend got a large grocery bag of Lego from an acquaintance, and gave it to
me.

Well when I got it, there were something like $420 worth of Lego sets in this
collection, without boxes, but with instructions.  All pieces are in excellent
condition (nothing chewed up or worn).

I don't collect these sets, and I just want to get rid of them to a worthwhile
Southeast Michigan AFOL.  First person that gets to my house can have the entire
lot for only $30. (Email contact first)

Why so cheap.... I'm still working on finishing up the Lego Set/Part History CD,
and I don't even have time to sort thru them.  And I am already up to my neck in
Lego!!

There's lots of space stuff (Star Wars, Rock Raiders, Insectoids, Life on Mars),
as well as some Adventurers and Egyptian sets.

Here's the list (some of the smaller ones have duplicate sets):

2151, 3332, 4477, 4485, 4487, 4489, 4940, 5918, 5936, 5938, 6155, 6327, 6429,
6441, 6442, 6454, 6455, 6462, 6491, 6492, 6567, 6712, 6836, 6856, 6905, 6969,
7126, 7127, 7311, 8008, 8535.

I don't know if anything is missing out of these sets, so I'm selling them in as
is condition. (You can always get replacements on Bricklink).

The buyer would have to drive to my house ASAP to get the LEGO.

And maybe get a peek at the upcoming Lego CD, as well as see some Lego items
that they don't even have in the Lego Archive in the Vault in Billund!

Whoever can get here to pickup this Lego the soonest has the best chance of
getting it.

Gary Istok
istokg@earthlink.net

P.S.  If you live in the Windsor Ontario area, or Toledo Ohio, I won't turn you
away as the buyer....

Subject:
HoB 2006, one month away
Newsgroups:
lugnet.events.houseofbricks, lugnet.announce, lugnet.loc.us.il, lugnet.loc.us.in, lugnet.loc.us.mi, lugnet.loc.us.oh, lugnet.loc.us.mo, lugnet.loc.us.ia, lugnet.loc.us.ky
Date:
Mon, 10 Apr 2006 19:40:19 GMT
Highlighted:
!! (details)

This is a friendly reminder that Chicago House of Bricks is rapidly approaching. Come join us May 12-14 in Downer’s Grove, Illinois! Please be sure to register soon if you plan to attend.

Visit our website for more information.

We hope to see you there!

Subject:
House of Bricks, 2006!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.events.houseofbricks, lugnet.announce, lugnet.loc.us.il, lugnet.loc.us.in, lugnet.loc.us.mi, lugnet.loc.us.oh, lugnet.loc.us.mo, lugnet.loc.us.ia, lugnet.loc.us.ky
Date:
Fri, 10 Mar 2006 01:02:11 GMT
Highlighted:
!! (details)

Chicago House of Bricks will once again be held in conjunction with To Be Continued! A fine cut of LEGO will be served with savory science-fiction, buttered fantasy, and field-fresh gaming. But the ‘piece de resistance’ will be the fun camaraderie had by all. Come join us May 12-14 in Downer’s Grove, Illinois!

2BeCONtinued brings together fans from all domains. Last years attendees mingled with celebrities, comedians, pirates, artists, and more. This year looks to be just as exciting. Though HoB is held in conjunction with a science fiction convention, all themes are invited to attend (the train layout was a crowd favorite last year).

Visit our website for more information.

We hope to see you there!

Subject:
House of Bricks (May 12 -14, 2006) is Coming Up!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.events.houseofbricks, lugnet.announce, lugnet.loc.us.il, lugnet.loc.us.in, lugnet.loc.us.mi, lugnet.loc.us.oh, lugnet.loc.us.mo, lugnet.loc.us.ia, lugnet.loc.us.ky
Date:
Mon, 20 Feb 2006 04:38:15 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

I’m very happy to announce that registration for Chicago House of Bricks at To Be CONtinued 5: Legends is now online. Prices and information for registration can be accessed here.

Registration is not exclusive to House of Bricks and will allow attendees access to all areas of the convention. To Be CONtinued 5: Legends is being held at the Doubletree Guest Suites and Conference Center in Downers Grove, which can be seen here. For Dealer information, please click on the Dealers link on the sidebar.

What’s really neat is that the Guest of Honor of this convention is Weta Workshop, the effects facility that was responsible for the visual effects to all of the Lord of the Rings movies and King Kong.

Currently, plans are for a Great Ball Contraption and sci-fi models. Attendees are encouraged to bring models that tie into the movies mentioned above, as there is a nice SPACE to fill!

If you have questions or comments, please post them to lugnet.events.houseofbricks, as others may have similar questions. Questions can also be sent to HoB@2BeCONtinued.com which will forward to me as well as other members of the ToBeCONtinued staff. Please refer to the following list of event coordinators for any specific question.

Joe Meno
Chicago House of Bricks Coordinator

MichLUG Meeting: Saturday 12/17/05
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.michlug, lugnet.events, lugnet.loc.us.mi, lugnet.announce
Date:
Mon, 5 Dec 2005 19:06:35 GMT

and talk about upcoming shows. Guests are always welcome, if you are
interested in joining MichLUG or just want to hang out and talk about
LEGO. (This month's club business meeting will include the nomination
of new officers. The business meeting will begin between 1 and 2 and
probably last about an hour.)

Date/Time: Saturday, December 17th, 2005 - Noon till ~5.

Address: South Dewitt Church Of Christ, 2931 West Herbison Road,
DeWitt, MI 48820

Directions: Get off of 27/69 at EXIT 85, go North on DeWitt Rd to
Herbison. Turn LEFT (at the horse barn), so you are going WEST on
Herbison Rd. Turn LEFT at the drive where the sign (DeWitt Christian
Church) is at. You should pass 3 buildings on the Left before the
church. The church is set off the road, about 200 feet.

Visit the Michigan LEGO® Users Group on the web at
http://www.michlug.org

Questions regarding the meeting or MichLUG in general should be
directed towards Peter Guenther at peter at michlug dot org.

The Michigan LEGO® Users Group is not endorsed by or affiliated
with
the LEGO® Group.

--
Peter Guenther
Webmaster, MichLUG

Re: Curatorship of lugnet.org.us.michlug & lugnet.loc.us.mi
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.curators, lugnet.org.us.michlug, lugnet.loc.us.mi
Date:
Mon, 5 Dec 2005 14:49:58 GMT

In lugnet.admin.curators, Peter F. Guenther wrote:
   I’m taking over webmaster responsibilities for MichLUG from Jason Spears; as a result, we would like to transfer the curatorship of lugnet.org.us.michlug & lugnet.loc.us.mi to me.

I’ll second that request. Peter having curator privileges would be great. As I recall, more than one person can be a curator for a group, so probably no need to remove me.

-Jason Spears

Subject:
MichLUG Meeting - 5yr Anniversary - October 22nd
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.michlug, lugnet.events, lugnet.loc.us.mi, lugnet.announce
Date:
Wed, 12 Oct 2005 18:33:49 GMT

MICHLUG 5 yr Anniversary Meeting

Description: Get feedback on creations, check out creations by others, and talk about upcoming shows. Guests / potential members are welcome. Send an email to Jason for directions/address. To celebrate 5 years of being a club, we will be grilling burgers and having cake. (Non-member attendees are encouraged to RSVP to help with food planning.) Also Spencer Rezkella host a “Featured MOC” presentation. He will discuss his model and some of it’s history, design, inspiration, etc with the rest of the group.

Date/Time: Saturday, October 22nd, 2005 from 1pm till 7pm

Place: Lester Witter’s house in Saline, Michigan (Just outside Ann Arbor). Email me for the address.

Visit the Michigan LEGO® Users Group on the web at http://www.michlug.org

Questions regarding the meeting or MichLUG in general can be directed to Jason Spears at “jason at michlug dot org”.

The Michigan LEGO® Users Group is not endorsed by or affiliated with the LEGO® Group.

--

Jason Spears
MichLUG/MichLTC

Subject:
MichLUG to display at Curious Kids Museum in St. Joseph, MI Sept 24-25
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.michlug, lugnet.events, lugnet.loc.us.mi
Date:
Wed, 14 Sep 2005 15:04:45 GMT

MichLUG has been invited back to display at the Curious Kids Museum in St.
Joseph , MI. This will be our third year with them. We will have a 15'x15'
town/train layout and a Space display.

Dates:
Saturday, September 24th 10am-4pm
Sunday, September 25th 12pm-4pm

Admission: $4.00 per person (This is admission to the museum, there is no
additional cost to enter the contest or see the layout.)

Address: 415 Lake Boulevard, St. Joseph, MI 49085

For more information about the Curious Kids Museum, you can visit their website
at: http://www.curiouskidsmuseum.org/

Questions regarding the display or MichLUG in general should be directed towards
Jason Spears at jason AT michlug DOT org

The Michigan LEGO® Users Group is not endorsed by or affiliated with the LEGO®
Group.

--
Jason Spears
MichLUG/MichLTC

Subject:
MichLUG Meeting Report and Long over-due CHoB report
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.michlug, lugnet.loc.us.mi, lugnet.loc.us.il.chi, lugnet.events.houseofbricks
Date:
Tue, 9 Aug 2005 23:45:28 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

Meeting Report
MichLUG members got together for a meeting on Saturday, July 23rd.

Meeting Report

Chicago House of Bricks Report
House of Bricks was a blast! Three days of LEGO filled goodness. Unfortunately things got really busy for me (and other club members) after the con, so I didn’t get a chance to write this up till now.

Event Wrap-Up

Jason Spears
Michigan LEGO Users Group

Redisplay Messages:  Brief | Compact