 Local / United States / Massachusetts / Boston / 77
Re: In Boston area 21-24 Feb, who wants to MiniFest (tm)?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.ma.bos
Date:
Mon, 8 Feb 1999 22:07:10 GMT

Jeff Johnston wrote:
Er...wow...meeting room?  I guess I'm a bit confused as to what goes on at
one of these - I figured it was just going to be a bunch of area LEGO folks
getting together to talk bricks, maybe going out for food and such...

So...please...eliminate my ignorance...what generally goes on?\

I've been to ones where it's just food and talk, and I've been to ones
where people displayed their creations and brought trade goods, etc.,
and I know Minx hosted a quite elaborate one at her house with games and
contests and stuff.

Based on Todd's offline note to me I was assuming he was looking to get
to at least the second (models, trade goods, as well as talk and food).
I don't have the bandwidth to get to the third level but I certainly
would *play* games if someone else did the set up work.

(I can bring my jumping frog game, that's fun... see
http://www.cheapass.com for details)

As to a room to do it in, I think I have secured space at CTP corporate
HQ for free. The wrinkle is that I will have to let you all in when you
show up etc., and we have to be religious about leaving the space
cleaner than we found it.

Also I dunno if we can do dinner first and come back, as I don't have a
badge to get back in... maybe we get food delivered or something, we
have a nice kitchen/cafeteria to eat in. (again, need to leave it clean,
though)

++Lar