 Local / United States / Massachusetts / Boston / 687
686  |  688
Subject:
My thoughts on new sets
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars, lugnet.loc.us.ma.bos
Date:
Thu, 22 Jun 2000 19:26:28 GMT

My thoughts on star wars sets are a little less grandiose and I hope more
realistic. I think a naboo cruiser is out of the question because i dont see
lego investing in a whole line of chrome parts and gray bricks just wouldn't be
acceptable for the whole ship. I expect a hoth set with one or two tauntauns,
since they already came up with the gungan duck-things, a hoth han and luke,
and perhaps a wampa. I think they can make a tie fighter as a relatively
inexpensive set, though they could build it up with a couple of storm troopers
and a droid or two. A queen aamidala set is a stron possibility. And though
everyone has been talking about a series of death star sets, I can only see
them making one big one, or one big one and one medium one, the way they
usually design castle sets, with a small, medium and large available more or
less at the same time. If lego can solve the leg problem simply, I look forward
to an atst, perhaps with chewie, a droid. Which brings us to the possibility of
ewoks. Looking at the forestmen sets and the flying ninjas, ewok sets with
those same parts would be a breeze to produce, if lego thinks the market can
sustain it. But with sw2 out reasonably soon, at some point they have to
concentrate on that and reduce their offerings of the older movies. By the way,
does anyone know when we can reasonably expect news on new set