 Local / United States / Massachusetts / Boston / 501
  Re: NELUG Castle Display at TCS Brainstorm...

Ok, so far (although recently it looks like the conversation has died down) we've seemed to agree that we'd probably at least like a castle and a town for the NELUG castle display at the Construction Site (see prior messages for history).. To date, (...) (25 years ago, 4-Jan-00, to lugnet.loc.us.ma.bos, lugnet.org.us)

  Re: NELUG Castle Display at TCS Brainstorm...

(...) I'm pretty sure Al's long lost ancestor was a blacksmith (in the 2-part episode where they go to England and two towns try to kill them to alleviate an ancient curse). Wasn't he? eric (25 years ago, 4-Jan-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: NELUG Castle Display at TCS Brainstorm...

(...) Only problem is that we could only serve Horse, Kaddu, and Polar Bear. :-) (...) I was thinking of including some of these in my market. I have already built a Flower Shop for the market and was considering an Armory as well although as I have (...) (25 years ago, 4-Jan-00, to lugnet.loc.us.ma.bos, lugnet.org.us)

  Re: NELUG Castle Display at TCS Brainstorm...

How about: 1. Cooper (Barrel Maker) ! 2. A stackade or some similar public humiliation penance 3. Stonemasons Shop (people levelling/chiseling large stone blocks smooth ??) 4. Some indeterminite Building under construction (large brown support (...) (25 years ago, 4-Jan-00, to lugnet.loc.us.ma.bos, lugnet.org.us)

  Re: NELUG Castle Display at TCS Brainstorm...

(...) Just thinking on this-- a side of ham-- a brown 2x2 cylinder, a 1x1 brown cylinder, and a 1x1 round plate for the 'bone' coming out of the bottom (or top) of the 2x2 cylinder... I wonder if that would come out looking in any way like a slab of (...) (25 years ago, 4-Jan-00, to lugnet.loc.us.ma.bos, lugnet.org.us)

  Re: NELUG Castle Display at TCS Brainstorm...

(...) I used red 1x2 plates, red 1x1 round plates, etc in my butcher's shop. Of course, I was also constrained by space (trying to showhorn them into the windshield-coolers)... Bigger pieces of meat might well be appropriate for a medieval setting. (...) (25 years ago, 4-Jan-00, to lugnet.loc.us.ma.bos, lugnet.org.us)

  Re: NELUG Castle Display at TCS Brainstorm...

(...) And standards. Do we want to use thin or thick baseplates? And should each 'unit' have a standard size so that we can fit them together easily? I guess we could use mixtures of thin and thick plates to show that the land isn't perfectly (...) (25 years ago, 5-Jan-00, to lugnet.loc.us.ma.bos, lugnet.org.us)

  Re: NELUG Castle Display at TCS Brainstorm...

(...) I don't know that we have any standards but there seem to be a lot of the 16x32 tan baseplates around (I have at least 10 and I think Dave said he has a similar number). I think these work well for building the town on. It gives a more worn (...) (25 years ago, 5-Jan-00, to lugnet.loc.us.ma.bos, lugnet.org.us)

  Re: NELUG Castle Display at TCS Brainstorm...

(...) I thought they were the lords of the manor, actually. But it's been a long long time since I saw it, and that show never rises above mindless unmemorable timekiller anyway. Jasper (25 years ago, 5-Jan-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: NELUG Castle Display at TCS Brainstorm...

It might be worthwhile posting some of the ideas here to lugnet.castle. I don't think it's wise to crosspost the whole discussion because it would get sidetracked, but there have been some great ideas flying about which I happen to be catching (...) (25 years ago, 5-Jan-00, to lugnet.loc.us.ma.bos, lugnet.org.us)

  Re: NELUG Castle Display at TCS Brainstorm...

(...) Indeed, since a peasant trying to buy armor or a sword would likely pay an arm and a leg (literally! and maybe his head, too, in the bargain), I'd say these items were "unaffordable." Bear in mind that the Dungeons & Dragons world, in which (...) (25 years ago, 5-Jan-00, to lugnet.loc.us.ma.bos, lugnet.org.us)

  Re: NELUG Castle Display at TCS Brainstorm...

(...) Hmm... a nice grassy knoll might look kinda cool... I might be able to do something like that too... Not really sure... I don't have THAT many green bricks, but I do have a few hundred (that's with 1x1's too, I'd guess)... I might be able to (...) (25 years ago, 5-Jan-00, to lugnet.loc.us.ma.bos, lugnet.org.us)

  Re: NELUG Castle Display at TCS Brainstorm...

(...) Well here is a project that just seemed to spring out of thin air. I was just experimenting with using the new castle wall pieces (The one that comes with King LEO). It started out as a barracks but quickly turned into more of an Inn (A very (...) (25 years ago, 10-Jan-00, to lugnet.loc.us.ma.bos, lugnet.org.us)

  Re: NELUG Castle Display at TCS Brainstorm...

Hi NELUG, I sure wanted to attend your meeting last Monday but it was really impossible to get in from New York. Now I'm driving over this weekend to see the TCS store (ok it's not the only reason.) Also I would love to contribute a piece to the (...) (25 years ago, 15-Jan-00, to lugnet.loc.us.ma.bos, lugnet.org.us)

  Re: NELUG Castle Display at TCS Brainstorm...

(...) Well we seem to have added a few more possible creations to the display but the conversations seems to once again have died down. So now that my Inn & Tavern are complete I thought I would try and get this thread moving again. I would like to (...) (25 years ago, 19-Jan-00, to lugnet.loc.us.ma.bos, lugnet.org.us.nelug)

  Re: NELUG Castle Display at TCS Brainstorm...

(...) Sounds great! We should probably get the exact dimentions of the window before doing it too (although like the Mindfest SW display, we can have our own "custom" setup that might look cooler when not restricted to space, too...) (...) I think (...) (25 years ago, 19-Jan-00, to lugnet.loc.us.ma.bos, lugnet.org.us.nelug)

  Re: NELUG Castle Display at TCS Brainstorm...

(...) <snip> (...) Sounds very cool! We definitly need houses for the common folk. Like I said I might try one myself but I am not sure. As far as the wall it sounds great. (By 2 bricks thick I assume you mean 4 studs thick?). (...) Well if you (...) (25 years ago, 19-Jan-00, to lugnet.loc.us.ma.bos, lugnet.org.us.nelug)

  Re: NELUG Castle Display at TCS Brainstorm...

(...) Hi guys, I have one two-story plus attic medieval townhouse built. I want to try to make a few hovels next. (Those are pits in the ground with a crude roof overhead.) I've got quite a few peasant characters and some livestock in crude pens. (...) (25 years ago, 20-Jan-00, to lugnet.loc.us.ma.bos, lugnet.org.us.nelug)

  Re: NELUG Castle Display at TCS Brainstorm...

(...) Ooohh! The hovels sound really cool. Can't wait to see how to tackle that one. The townhouse sounds great too. (...) Well I am always up for building. It seems I am always building alone except for when I get the chance to build with my 5 year (...) (25 years ago, 20-Jan-00, to lugnet.loc.us.ma.bos, lugnet.org.us.nelug)

  Re: NELUG Castle Display at TCS Brainstorm...

(...) make (...) built (...) Snip! (...) arch (...) Suzanne, I'd definitely be up for a mini build fest, especially since a very large majority of my bricks are the Mindstorms/Technic kind which forces me to be more of an observer than a participant (...) (25 years ago, 24-Jan-00, to lugnet.loc.us.ma.bos, lugnet.org.us.nelug)