 Local / United States / Massachusetts / 124
Re: NELUG LegoFest
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.ma, lugnet.loc.us.ma.bos, lugnet.loc.us.ct, lugnet.loc.us.ri, lugnet.loc.us.vt, lugnet.loc.us.me, lugnet.loc.us.nh, lugnet.org.us
Date:
Wed, 20 Oct 1999 19:20:13 GMT

In lugnet.loc.us.ma, Eric Kingsley writes:

<snip>

First off I agree on the personal approach is the way to go.  I also have no
problem at all with you being the representative on the letter.

Ok, then.  If no one else has any objections (hey, I'm a personable guy), I'll
have a rough draft at MindFest.  We can all look over it and any changes people
feel would be necessary.

A couple of recommendations for the letter seeing it will be our first attempt
at contact with TLG would be...

<snip>

All excellent points.  Actually, though, I was planning on starting even lower
on the totem pole than the head of TLG US- probably making a couple of calls to
the customer care department and getting the name of the head of that.  If
there's one thing I've learned, it's that you're more likely to get what you
want from a customer-oriented department than a business-oriented one. :D

eric