 Local / United States / Illinois / Chicago / 18
17  |  19
Subject:
Model Show at Woodridge Target
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.il.chi, lugnet.general
Date:
Wed, 8 Sep 1999 05:20:02 GMT

I just got a flier in the mail advertising a "Life Size LEGO
Indy Race Car Model Show" at the local Target.  This was sent out
by Lego, not Target, as the postmark is from Enfield.

Has anyone seen this roadshow - is it any good?

Details for locals of the Chicago western suburbs... here's the
text of the ad:

  Dear Lego Maniac,

  Come see the Life Size LEGO Target Championship Indy Race Car
  Model Show

  September 15 - October 8, 1999

  New Lego Indy Car
  Model Show

  There's more:
   + Guess the number of Bricks Contest! [1] ... 1st Prize: $30 Lego
     Product, 2nd Prize: $20 Lego Product, 3rd Prize: $10 Lego Product

  Where: Target, 2333 63rd Street, Woodridge IL  60517

  "This promotional event is store run, a Lego representative will
  not be present."

To folks not all that familiar with this area, it's just east of
I-355 on the 63rd street exit.  I have no idea if this is actually
worth travelling to... if it's interesting I'll take some pics and
put'em on the web.

[1] Didn't Target recently do this with a Yoda?  Did we ever learn
if that Yoda was solid inside or not?

  -r'm