 Local / United States / Illinois / 226
Re: NILTC - Northern Illinois LEGO Train Club
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.il, lugnet.loc.us.il.chi, lugnet.trains.org
Date:
Fri, 3 Aug 2001 00:08:58 GMT

In lugnet.loc.us.il, Eric Kingsley writes:
Congrats Folks,  I will put you in the queue for the LUGMAP (along with about >6 other groups, sorry folks I've been busy).

Cool, thanks.

I was just wondering why you all decided to go LTC and not LUG?  Nothing wrong
with that of course but Tim, you don't strike me as a train head.  I would >have thought you would have gone the LUG route.

Well, we went that because in Ondrew's and my discussion, that was the
focus.  I asked him if he wanted a LUG or an LTC, he said LTC.  That's fine
with me, plus, I think an LTC would bring the current people I know in the
area together quicker - there's a small handful of traniacs here.

I am a trainhead, just in a train dark ages of sorts.  When I was little it
was trains and LEGO, well, the LEGO won out and I never could afford LEGO
trains.  I'll definitely still do the space LEGO thing, but I can do this as
well.  Plus, I believe strongly in LTCs and how they help grow the LEGO
community.

We'll have a LUG in the near future too, I hope.

Just interested.  Best of luck with the group.

Thanks.

-Tim