 Local / United States / Illinois / 199
Re: building this weekend?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.il, lugnet.loc.us.mi, lugnet.loc.us.in
Date:
Wed, 9 May 2001 03:36:25 GMT

In lugnet.loc.us.il, Tim Courtney writes:
In lugnet.org.us.nelug, Trevor Pruden writes:

Hey Tim!  Come back to the Chicago area and we can hook up for some starship
building with Scott Sanburn!  I think he is now more mid way between Chicago
and Detroit.  :^D  You should also try to find away to show up at least for
a day at the SciFi convention going on here around June 24th.  We've been
asked to show some of our stuff in an MichLUG space MOC display!

:^)  Sound like fun?

DEFINITELY!!  He's what, Northern Indiana...what city?  I've got a friend
from school out that direction too, so that would work out nicely.  I'm
going to the Legofest at Joel Kuester's on the 26th, but some other weekend
I'd be free (not the 2nd, I have 2 graduations to go to that day) - maybe
after that.  It also depends on work situations, cause I have to earn $ this
summer for some big purchases and to drive to Brickfest.  But, we'll
definitely talk - and I might be able to bring whatever big ship I have
together, or we can just build our own new one, out of whoever's bricks...

-Tim

xfut -> us.il, us.mi, us.in

I'll have to ask Scott again about his new address.

Well, 90% of my bulk collection are in my two capitals, various freighters
and my new food processor sub-capital since I will be displaying them for
the sci-fi show at the end of June and possibly another non-michlug
fundraiser in August, so that ties up a lot for the summer.  But, I may not
bring the food processor to the august show, and I have pretty much slated
it to be sacrificed to the great pile when I have the incentive to build
something bigger and better.  That opens of my bulk stock some.  A mini
build fest with Scott would be A-Ok incentive for me!  :^)

Although, you and I have already had much (and I'm continuing to learn)
experience in the capital arena.  It's our friend Scott who has a very large
collection (4x mine) and has yet to even take a crack at it.  If he's
interested, I say we go to his place mostly empty handed (save a few fun
things) for a weekend and help him build his first 100 stud long destoyer!
Once he cracks the 80 stud Galactic Shipyard limit, there will be no turning
back!  He'll be hooked!  :^D

We should see what he thinks about all this.

~Trev
Astro Lift Co.