 Local / United States / Hawaii / *31 (-5)
Re: LEGO Decorated Christmas Trees
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.hi
Date:
Tue, 2 Dec 2008 20:14:02 GMT

In lugnet.loc.us.hi, Nelson Yrizarry wrote:

On Nov. 30, 2008, the members of LEAHI gathered to create LEGO ornaments for a Christmas tree to be displayed at Punahou School for the holiday season. We weren’t expecting two trees, but we spent some additional time just building and having fun.

This was a very fun group activity that any LUG can do. Everything on the tree, except for the lights, are made from LEGO elements - the ornaments, the toppers, the garland, and the presents - are all made of LEGO.

A very Merry Christmas to all from the members of LEAHI - the LEGO Enthusiasts Association of Hawaii.

“Big Daddy” Nelson

It sure was fun! We were “limited” by the parts on hand at a school Lego robotics lab, so we had to be a lot more creative using the limited range of parts and colors. I think the more abstract ornaments, especially using gears, wheels, and technic parts are pretty cool.

Roy

Subject:
LEGO Decorated Christmas Trees
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.hi, lugnet.announce.moc
Date:
Tue, 2 Dec 2008 04:05:57 GMT
Highlighted:
! (details)

On Nov. 30, 2008, the members of LEAHI gathered to create LEGO ornaments for a Christmas tree to be displayed at Punahou School for the holiday season. We weren’t expecting two trees, but we spent some additional time just building and having fun.

This was a very fun group activity that any LUG can do. Everything on the tree, except for the lights, are made from LEGO elements - the ornaments, the toppers, the garland, and the presents - are all made of LEGO.

A very Merry Christmas to all from the members of LEAHI - the LEGO Enthusiasts Association of Hawaii.

“Big Daddy” Nelson

Re: LEAHI display at the 2006 Hawaii FLL Tournament
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.hi
Date:
Sun, 10 Dec 2006 19:47:16 GMT

That’s no small display!!! Wow, what a great idea! Very cool! You have a great imagination.

My JFLL Team went to the FLL State Tournament too, we studied Nano Technology also. I wish I would have done something that cool!

Subject:
LEAHI display at the 2006 Hawaii FLL Tournament
Newsgroups:
lugnet.events, lugnet.loc.us.hi
Date:
Sat, 9 Dec 2006 07:20:26 GMT

Our LUG, LEAHI, put on a small display at the 2006 Hawaii FLL Tournament this past weekend (Dec. 2, 2006) at the University of Hawaii at Manoa’s Campus Center. We had a lot of fun, and impressed a lot of children and adults with our various MOCs.

Since the FLL theme this year was “Nanotechnology”, we came up with the idea of nano-scale (well, maybe microscale) minifigs and robots working inside of a human blood vessel. Together, we formed a 5-foot long MOC called “Capillary Action”:

Of course, what would a display be without a Town? Since it is the Holiday season, we came up with a cool idea for something we named “The Christmas Parade”:

And, of course there were many other brand-new MOCs made for this display, such as Patrick’s “Legcutus of Borg” and “Warp Zone”, and a whole bunch of others, which you will probably see in some upcoming posts:

Aloha!

“Big Daddy” Nelson
www.leahi.org

Re: Hea inoa! (A call to Hawaii AFOLs and LUGNET members)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.hi
Date:
Thu, 7 Sep 2006 23:44:10 GMT

In lugnet.loc.us.hi, Ross Crawford wrote: snip

I believe neither Dan Jezek (Bricklink admin) nor Jin Wong reside in Hawaii any more, but I could be wrong.

ROSCO

I believe you are right, Ross, but I’d still like to hear from them anyways... (it would be nice to see what they’ve been up to.) Thanks! :)

“Big Daddy” Nelson

Redisplay Messages:  Brief | Compact