 Local / United States / Colorado / Colorado Springs / 41
Re: Lots of 50% off stuff at Target
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.co.cos
Date:
Thu, 17 Jan 2002 17:32:13 GMT

In lugnet.loc.us.co.cos, Bryan Beckwith writes:
In lugnet.loc.us.co.cos, John Fiala writes:

I've just recently gotten into trains myself - my wife got me the metroliner
for xmas - but made the mistake of getting the regulator through S@H, when I
should have gotten it through brickbay.  My mistake.

But I was pretty happy with building the train, as well as with getting my
Hogwarts Express up and running.  I'll have to consider popping my nose into
Target and looking for that set... but I'm trying to save money for
Brickswest.  Anyone else from CO heading to San Deigo for the con?

-john

I checked a couple of Target stores again last night and it looks like they
are all void of clearance LEGO now.

I've been enjoying the train, but I'm a little afraid of what I've gotten
myself into.  Now I need more track, the new S@H train cars are looking
appealing, and I'm going to need to devote some space to a train layout.  My
bank account and my girlfriend aren't as excited about this as I am.

I considered trying to make Brickswest, but decided against it.  I don't
really have the money, and I'm a little afraid of putting too much money
into attending a convention the first time it is held.  I'd rather wait and
see how things go for the people who do attend this year, and then think
about going next year.

On a different note, I'm still hoping that we can find enough people
interested in having a bit of a get-together either in Denver or the Springs.

Getting back to work now,
Bryan

Ya, I've been eyeing the whole classic train line myself. Being a space
head, I'm not sure why those sets are so appealling.

I too thought about going to Brickswest, but finances are a little sparse at
the moment. I would rather spend the money on bricks than airfare. Maybe I
can make the next one. It would be nice to roll it into a business trip :-)

I am always willing to get together with anyone who is interested. It just
seems like there aren't very many people in the area who are vocal LUGNET
readers. There were a few early on, but I don't know what ever became of
them. I'm in the north metro Denver area. If anyone feels like a
get-together, let me know.

-Duane