 Local / United States / Colorado / 252
Re: TLC in Loveland?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.co
Date:
Thu, 27 May 2004 02:06:39 GMT

In lugnet.loc.us.co, Ram Sreerangam wrote:
"Paul Sinasohn" <singlow2@yahoo.com> wrote in message
In lugnet.loc.us.co, Ram Sreerangam wrote:
Talking to colleague I learned that some years back there used to be a Lego
factory in Loveland Colorado!!!

Does anyone know anymore about this?

- Ram -

Wasn't this the Samsonite licensed product back in the 60s?

Paul Sinasohn
Well from I hear from my colleague it was definitely related to Lego bricks.
He described knowing a neighbour who worked for Lego and as a result getting
huge bags of bricks. Maybe I am extrapolating from what I heard from him -
but I believe I heard it right!

I seem to recall hearing about this in the past, a search of LUGNET might turn
something up. You might try that.

I seem to recall this being from the "Samsonite era". Please note, it was really
hard (impossible??) to tell that Samsonite had anything to do with these items.
They carried LEGO badging and the parts had LEGO on the studs and so forth.

So your colleague's statements and Paul's statements are not inconsistent.

Hope that helps.