Subject:
Soccer Truck
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf
Date:
Mon, 26 Jun 2000 17:39:14 GMT

Hey it's been awful quiet around here lately.

I didn't see much spoken before the soccer truck
display at Spartan Stadium. But I did go.

It was quite excellent. My kids had a blast and
of course, me too! Saw Russell, Tom and Paul there.
Paul and Tom found some very cool parts in the bin.
I hope that stuff shows up on bulk shopping someday.

Lego gave away a 1x2x2 Duplo brick (green) with
a soccer logo (minifig kicking) on one side and
the Lego logo on the other. (Kind of like my sign,
only much smaller! ;-))

The displays were quite impressive in the truck.
Looked like there was a section for each line that
has new products in it including Star Wars, Adventurers,
Arctic, Race and more. I'm sure those guys can give
better details, my mind is too foggy. There were about
9 soccer fields set up for kids to play with. And Russell
got a bonus. Maybe he'll post the details when he gets
a chance. He explained it an awful lot at the show!
One more time for the BayLUG crew? And tell us what was
in that package.

BTW, I don't think I ever heard anyone speak of
Lego Bulk here on BayLUG. And when I found out that
they were up and running from Tom, I was a bit surprised.
So I'm sure there are others out there like me who don't
get to LUGNET and other spots to catch all the latest info,
and would like to know that information.

It's not easy to find on the site. I looked for a long time
and couldn't find anything. So I called. The url is:

lego.com/bulk/

And all the deals that you guys who got in early for are gone.
Like the trans thin-walls, everything that is back-ordered will
be corrected with the back order. ie: The trans blue thin walls
will now be trans blue, not clear! Bummer for me.

I better get back to work now.

Fred