Re: Weeks Jambalaya Box - round two
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf
Date:
Fri, 23 Jun 2000 05:24:02 GMT

It says the truck is there 4pm through half-time - but hte building contest is 4-6,
with a winner announced at 6:30pm.  So you might as well drop by Spartan Stadium
after your meeting (I CERTAINLY won't be up before noon ;).

Paul Sinasohn wrote:

What are the hours on the Soccer Truck? I have a meeting from 9 to 5 in San
Jose on Saturday, so I could come by your place before or after....

But I'm definitely in for this.... Now I have to figure out what is "high
value" - maybe I'll  just bring a huge box and go through....

Paul S

In lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf, Tom Stangl writes:
OK, I HAVE the Weeks Jambalaya box.  I'll bring it to the Soccer Tour bus on • Sat in
case anyone wants to trade into it.

BTW, it cost Chris $13.50 to ship it to me, so it's heavy, tossing in $1 to • trade into
it is definitely fair.

There are 6 Supercar tires/rims (8880/5533 style) in there (and I may add • more, don't
know).  There are about a dozen train wheelsets, 8 buffers (no magnets).  A • red 6x24
wagon plate.  And lots of other good stuff that I'm leaving in there ;-)

If anyone wants to trade into it, contact me ASAP.  Let me know if you plan on • trading
Saturday at the Soccer Tour bus, or want to drop by some other day.

...now I gotta figure out what to throw in there that is relatively high value • - I
took a good bit of parts out.

"Tom Stangl, VFAQman" wrote:

OK, guys, I should get this sometime next week, hopefully.

The rules:
The box stays with me (upon request of Chris, and I agree).
If you want to trade in, you pay $1 - this is for return shipping to Chris,
everyone from
    NoCal and SoCal will pay that trades into it.
You help me keep a list of parts traded in/out of the box (IOW, we write it • all
down before
    we complete the trade and you leave)
You schedule a time with me to drop by to trade into it.
All trades should at a minimum be equal in value.

Post here as to what you would trade in or take out, that way other • BayLUGers
trading before you can possibly stock the box with those items.  Posting the • times
you might be able to drop by might be good too.

HEY, just thought of something - assuming it shows up before next Sat, I'll • bring
it to SJ for the Soccer Tour Truck, and people can trade into it there!

I, personally, might trade in/out several times, but I'm going to try to • just wait
until right before I take it to Kidvention ;-)

Christopher Weeks wrote:

In lugnet.market.jambalaya, Christopher L. Weeks writes:
Hi all,

This past weekend, it was at the East Coast Brick Fest and a few people • traded
with it.  There's some good stuff.  And I want it to go out again.

I'm going for a 'quick win' with the box.  I'm shipping it to Tom Stangl • who
will share it with all the bay area folks who wish to participate and then
he'll take it to the kidvention and hand it off to David Johann who'll • share it
with the LUGola people who wish to participate and then it'll be sent back • to
me.

If you're in either location, contact one of them and get in on it if you • want
to.

At that point I'll start the five per rotations more closely based on the • gives
and takes that are listed.  I've started to compile some before and after
relationships so it's not going to be too hard.

Chris

--
Tom Stangl
***http://www.vfaq.com/