Subject:
Open invitation to build at Mike's house (was Re: FOTW on Blue Tubs from TRU!)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf
Date:
Wed, 5 Apr 2000 21:13:49 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

I will be sorting the tubs and building from here on out.  If anybody wants
to come down and help sort/build modules, let me know when you can come down
(3 - 3 1/2 hour drive from San Jose) and I will treat you to lunch/dinner
while you are here.  The time crunch for finishing my section of the layout
just got worse:

I would now like to mention that I will be showing the train layout at the
Legoland convention in July.  I will give the details later when I get them
all worked out, but I thought I would throw this out as an FYI.

Mike Poindexter

[follow-ups to loc.us.ca.sf]

Paul Sinasohn <bearitone@my-deja.com> wrote in message
Mike, when are you planning to sort through the tubs?? I could make it • down for
the weekend of the 22nd/23rd

Paul Sinasohn

In lugnet.market.shopping, Mike Poindexter writes:
I had purchased as many of the <set:3033> from a $5 off sale about a • month ago
and ended up with as many as I thought I could afford, but still wanting • more.

Last night, I got a call from the manager of one of the local Toys 'R' Us
stores and he had been shipped 160 of the blue tubs, even though he • didn't
need any.  Since he just got Kids 'R' Us put into his store, he has no • room,
so he offered me all 160 at the $5 off price!  Normally, I don't go crazy
about 25% off, but I have never seen these available for any less and • even so,
it would be unlikely that I could ever get this kind of quantity if I • did.

If your local TRU is getting a Kids 'R' Us put in, the management might • be
willing to cut some deals to move stock, but your mileage may vary.

Now, does anybody want to help sort 160 tubs?

Mike Poindexter