Re: proposal: sever lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf and ba-lego mailing list
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf
Date:
Tue, 29 Feb 2000 23:07:09 GMT

In lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf, Charles Eric McCarthy writes:
Now that

Well, actually, this is precisely how the gateway was created, back in
November of 1998.  In other words, it's because the lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf
group is subscribable by email that the message exchange is possible.

you can get Lugnet newsgroup messages by email
is there any need to forward messages between lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf
and ba-lego?  I think the two forums can have different uses.
Ba-lego should be local news that is not appropriate to
post to the whole world.  lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf is appropriate
for messages that are appropriate to post to the whole world.

I think part of the problem with lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf
being connected with ba-lego is the
"recent messages from all newsgroups" feature on the middle
right side of the main LUGNET page.  There have been a few
drive-by replies that I did not think were appropriate
and would not have happened without that feature.

I propose to sever that connection.  Is there any support
at all for this proposal?  If I get some support, I'll
call for votes.  Any opinions?

I support severing the link.  If you do call for votes, I would recommend
that the default answer (if someone does not vote) is -not- to keep the
exchange.  But it's really up to the ba-lego@cinnamon.com listowner, not a
vote.

--Todd