Subject:
Wall Street Journal "Mindstorm" story
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf
Date:
Thu, 17 Dec 1998 18:18:20 GMT

  I hadn't seen any notes here about the story, so here's the scoop:

  Thursday, 12/10/98 in Marketplace (section B, page 1, top half!)
is a story under the banner "Toys", written by Joseph Pereira, staff
reporter for WSJ. You may be able to find a copy of the story online
at the WSJ website.

  Title: "Lego's Robot Set for Kids Grabs Crowds of Grown-Ups" (sic)

  The article speaks to the issue that more than half of the folks
buying Mindstorms and returning the warranty card are in the 25-49
age group, and that sales of Mindstorm are much larger than LEGO AG
had expected. (They planned for 12,000 unit sales this year. So far,
they have had more than 80,000 and are having trouble filling orders
to stores in time for the holidays.)

  The story also credits the efforts of Internet-based users to trade
programs, and help the popularity of the product. :-)

      -Z-

ftp://jeffk.com/pub/jeffk/LEGO/zonker/ main directory listing
ftp://jeffk.com/pub/jeffk/LEGO/zonker/ZLEGOtop.html  my main page
ftp://jeffk.com/pub/jeffk/LEGO/zonker/ZFSOne.html  the Firehouse
ftp://jeffk.com/pub/jeffk/LEGO/zonker/ZRondDom.html  the Round House
ftp://jeffk.com/pub/jeffk/LEGO/zonker/ZTrajnoj.html  my trains page
ftp://jeffk.com/pub/jeffk/LEGO/zonker/ZSignal.html  LED signal circuit
ftp://jeffk.com/pub/jeffk/LEGO/zonker/tables/building.html  table plans
        David K. Z. Harris    frenezulo@esperanto.org
"It's a good start, but I'm always looking for a few more LEGOs"