Re: Looking for pieces to trade at the meeting (November and Dece mber )
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf, lugnet.db.brictionary
Date:
Tue, 30 Nov 1999 22:04:24 GMT

Not to nit pick too much, but I feel we would be helped if we standardized the
terms a bit.  I think that there are some elements that are referred to
differently than "industry standard" that I have commented on.

If I can get to the Decemer meeting, I will bring any parts from your list I
can spare.

Mike

In lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf, Janet Graff <janet.graff@centurasoft.com> writes:
Here is my updated list of pieces I need.  I have a very eclectic lot of
stuff that I can trade for these pieces.  Let me know what you need and I'll
wade through and see if we have a match up.

1 2X6 trans blue hinged roof plate
4 1X2 white beam with classic space logo

I think brick is the proper word here.  I usually think of beams as technic
beams.

1         white space shuttle tail
3X3 white horizontal angle beam

Is this serrated on one edge and smooth on another and is diagonal?  Used
heavily in castle sets and was in white in the twin tank transport?

     2X4 white brick with round top (space shuttle)
5X5 black cones (medium size) (space shuttle engines)

5x5 being medium size?  I think that medium is ambiguous, as there are four
sizes.
4x4 on bottom, 2x2 on top is largest
3x3 on bottom, 2x2 on top could be medium
2x2 on bottom, 1x1 on top could be medium as well
1x1 Cone would be smallest

How about using the bottom to determine size first, followed by a height and a
top size.  I saw the pieces you were looking for at the last meeting.  They
would be:
3x3x2 Cone with 2x2 top in Black (space shuttle engines)
I think the parenthetical description is also very good, as it gives a solid
reference that many (not all, but a lot) people can picture, a la "macaroni
brick"

5     blue tilt windows
    yellow tilt window glass

I know which ones you are talking about - they are the space windows.  What is
a good name for this?  Maybe

window: 1x4x3 45 degree

9     trans red shields (see 6971)
     2X2 blue revers slope computer monitor
    blue opaque windshield (see 6951)
    grey claws
2X2 blue rocket tail
1X8 yellow arch

1x8x2 Arch in yellow

1X6 yellow arch
1X4 yellow arch
    black window frames

What size window frames?  This is very generalized and I would assume that you
are looking for 1x4x3 window frames in black, but there are several others it
could be.

    black shutters
    black interior shutters

I also assume that these are for the 1x4x3 window system.

2X2X3 yellow corner slopes
2X2X3 yellow slopes
3X3 black horizontal angle beam
1X4 black arch
1X2 black inverse slope
1X8 black arch
1X1 black cylinder
3X4 corner slope (see 1592 elizabethian building corner)
1X8 red beam with GARAGE
    garage doors
1X2 slotted pieces for garage doors
    black boat bottoms (see 6057)
2     brown oars
    sail from sea serpent
1X8 blue top plates

This threw me off at first, as I missed out on the word top.  You are
wanting "tiles"

1X2 white top plate with digital clock
1X1 yellow top plate with numbers
1X1 black beam with number
2X2 white top plate with large arrow (see 6395)
1X2X5   black S shaped support (see 6395 time display)

I think that these are referred to as wall system panels or something.

    blue falcon flags
    any color tiny rocket with fins
2X16 grey main street flats for crane
1X4 white top plate with red danger hash marks
1X5 white beam with SHELL word

I have never seen a 1x5 brick.  It could be 1x4, 1x6 or 1x1x5.

1X2 white beam with Shell symbol
    white car door with Shell symbol
1X3 white driver side door (I have a ton of passenger doors but no
driver side)
1X4X3 clean thin wall with POLICE word

Clear?  Or just clean?  Or clean and clear.  :-)

    windows with white striping
4     blue train windows
2     white large radar dishes/umbrella

How large?  4x4 is the largest solid radar dish that was available in white.
Did you want them plain or with umbrella painting?

Thanks!
Janet