Wanted: White 2x4s etc. for School Project
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf
Date:
Tue, 30 Nov 1999 17:25:34 GMT

Hi everyone,

If happen to have some decent white 2x4 bricks you could spare, my son could
use them for his California Mission model of Mission San Jose (in Fremont)
he is building for 4th grade history.  We have used up all of ours (about
350), 240 from Troy Cefaratti's auction, another 190 from Tom, ~200 from
Bill and still need about 300 more I would guess to finish it. That's about
1000 white 2x4s so far!

We could also really use about 10 white 2x3 "rounded off" bricks with 2x2
studs on top, 10 white 2x8s, 12 white 6x8 plates and 30 white 2x8 plates,
and 40 2x2 white invert slopes (for roof lining and cross bracing).

Of lesser need (and expectation of availability) are: 12 1x4 white post
railings and 24 1x8 black tiles.

So if any of you have some white 2x4s (or plates ?? or ??) you could spare
for cheap or in trade, please let us know, send your want list, etc.

I hope to post pictures of the Mission in progress to BAYLUG next week. Its
minifig scale, built on our 2
old 50x50 grey plates and is about 24x92x32 (at peak) with an about 10x10x36
bell tower attached to the front side! It has a floor of mostly red 2x4s,
pews, a balcony, organ, and removable roof of about 275 red low slopes! No
altar yet though. If we have time (and bricks) we may build the museum annex
& porch (would be about 24x48x14) on an adjacent 48x48.

Thanks very much to Tom Stangl and Bill Moreau for their contributions to
date!

Yours,
Mark  mbenz@broadvision.com