Re: Next BayLUG Get-Together in August 1999
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf
Date:
Fri, 9 Jul 1999 07:36:40 GMT

From: lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf@lugnet.com (Tom McDonald)
Subject: Re: Next BayLUG Get-Together in August 1999
Date: Thu, Jul 8, 1999, 2:09 PM

Good. Are there any other sorts of free public service venues that anyone
knows about? I called Radio Disney AM1310 and we can get a public service
announcement aired, and I'll write copy for it if no one objects (I used to
make radio commercials for a living).

Would anyone object if I wrote up a press release that we could send out if
needed? Wherever we meet, should we consider sending releases to any of the
area's schools? If more than a coupla folks think a press release is a good
idea, send me quotes from yourselves that I can use in it. Don't make them too
flowery - just say in one or two sentences why you like the club: what you put
in, get out, why you show up, etc. You don't have to be a member to submit a
quote, you just have to have been to one. If I get too many I might have to
edit or not include some, but I'd rather have more than enough. Also you could
send more than one set of sentences. Deadline is 7/25. Send those quotes to
the spam-inhibited radiotitan@yaNOSPAMhoo.com with a subject of "Press Release
Quote".

You go Tom!!!!!!

Russell Clark