RE: Merchandise
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf
Date:
Wed, 16 Jun 1999 00:06:48 GMT

Fred,

I too was just in Disneyworld and didn't notice any shampoo bottles.
While they did have regular kits that you can get through Shop@Home they
had the only floor display I have ever seen of trains (tracks and
things), Scala, belleville, parts bags (some older one's too) and
pencils, erasers, card decks and various clothing and backpacks.  Also
they are selling a new book to replace the 1986 World of Legos book
(which I bought) and several shelves of Lego party stuff (kids parties)
that were in the Lego themes (insectoids for instance).  My impression
was that they had more keychains than I see in the Shop@Home catalog.
Also I usually only find one or two of the rock raider sets in the
stores they had somewhere around eight to ten sets.

I brought back a bunch of neat pictures of some of the big constructs
they have around the store and outside.  These included a tree house
with some kids, a UFO sculpture with a Alien working on the engine, many
people a dragon in the water and a lion that you could stick your head
in his mouth.  They also had some really neat model displays inside the
store that were just as interesting as the Lego California Tour thing
they did in San Francisco a couple of months ago.  Outside they had a
fairly big play area where the kids could climb on and around
pseudo-lego play structures, dive into a pool of Primos, build with
duplos and build and race regular lego cars.

Janet