Subject:
BricksWest reminder!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf
Date:
Tue, 4 Dec 2001 21:12:11 GMT

The website for BricksWest is finally set up. As of this morning, the
web-form sign-up sheet was broken, but initial schedule information is
there. :-)

The cost to attend is listed as $75 forn an individual, with some small
discounts for 2 or more adults in a "family", and a bit more discount for
kids. While it's pricey, it also sounds like it'll be a great time, and I
think it'll be worth it. Beki and I will both be going. :-)

  There have been plenty of concerns expressed over the costs, and you can
read the registration thread(s) on LUGNET's BricksWest forum if you are
interested in the details and discussions. Since it's a holiday weekend, my
taime off is assured, and I'll still have to pay for travel and rooms, but I
think this will be a Most Excellent Vacation, so I'm going to do the luau
and everything.

  I'm hoping that more than a few of us will be going down to represent
BayLUG at the affair. I know a couple folks can't deal with the high price,
and they may be trying to provide a cheaper conference-only price that
doesn't include the goodies and park entrance. I hope that make a
difference. As the first time for this event, we're breaking new ground, and
the event will become what we make of it. I hope enough folks show up that
the event doesn't loose money big-time (a sure way to cripple it for next
year as well...).

  Please consider coming if you possibly can. :-)

     Regards,

        -Z-