Subject:
Zeum Event (last minute notes)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf
Date:
Sat, 13 Oct 2001 06:52:08 GMT

  Here's the close-to-final plans for the Sunday 10/14 event.

  I think it's just me, Paul S., and maybe Eric McCarthy (and family?)
Will anybody else be there to help?

  I have some spare LEGOs to build with, and I'll be digging for some wheels
and mounts tomorrow. These will be used with some of the DACTA instructions
for building stuff.

  I've been having bad allergies this week, resulting in a dry throat, so
talking all day may be tough, and I may need to trade off (or share the
talking load) during the day.

  I'm going to do some shopping tomorrow afternoon, looking for the Technic
extras pack with the wall-climber instructions. I'm also going to pick up a
few extra small kits (poly bag or small box), as prizes for an hourly "guess
how many bricks" give away. I have different colored entry tickets, so each
hour we throw out the old tickets, and fill in new ones. (Must be present to
win, each winner will get to choose from the available kits, etc.)

  Nobody has contacted me about chairing a demonstration on Saturday.

  I'll be in touch with Paul and Eric Saturday afternoon for final
scheduling and logistics. We'll probably try to be at the site by 11am to
set up. I'll probably drive to Oakland, and bringing Paul and his bricks for
the event.

  If anyone wants to take part, PLEASE POST A NOTE HERE! (I won'tbe checking
email during the weekend, because there is so much to do before the event,
but I will be checking this list Saturday evening, and I'll respond then to
anything new I find.

  And don't forget the BayLUG meeting on Saturday, 10/27, at the Fremont
Library. (I really love that place, and I'm so glad we are welcome there!)

    Regards,

       -Z-