Subject:
Sorry for the late mail...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf
Date:
Fri, 10 Aug 2001 01:37:31 GMT

  Due to the server changes at LUGNET, and the way I get my email, I can't
just reply to the "Send it?" messages from the LUGNET Server. (I didn't
know that before, so there's going to be a rush of older messages from me
in a few groups tonight. ;-)

  The good news is, the confirmation message also includes a web link,
and the server seems to trust me ("If you found this link, you're
probably the person we sent the email to" seems to be the assumption. :-)
So, from now on, I'll use the web confirmation, and my notes should
appear more quickly. :-)

MINDSTORMS!  Calling any Technic/Mindstorms enthusiasts in the SF Bay Area!

  ZUEM, a learning/art consortium in SF is looking for a group to lead a
hands-on learning exercise, at their facility in SF. They have 4 RCX kits,
plus other LEGO parts...we'd need to come prepared with somethings to
show, and be ready to lead some building exercises for kids from really
young to late teens...they come and go as they please, so I'm thinking
we could put together a few different things, bring some older instructions
to refer to, and maybe get some Big-Ass crane, and other Mindstorms models
there to demo.

  If you haven't programmed an RCX yet, but you are good with LEGO, this
could still be an event for you! You could help teach folks the finer
points of LEGO building, while having a chance to learn how to program
from a passing youngster! ;-)

  If you'd be interested, please look for more info in my 'older' messages,
with Zuem or Mindstorms in the subject...reply to me, or the list. We
need to give them an answer this week We're already a couple weeks late,
and they're still holding out for us. We'll be the last event in their
summer learning series. Who is willing to help me?

     -Z-