Subject:
Gilroy Scouting Report - 7 Oct 2000
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf
Date:
Sun, 8 Oct 2000 04:08:37 GMT

The KB clearance  store has pretty much been clearanced,  Lego-wise:
lots of Bungee Choppers at $5 a pop (they did have some of each color,
though,  for those who care).  A few copies of <set:8269> at just
under $30.  They have the Batplane (as one of the clerks
calls it) literally stacked to the rafters:  there are at least 2 or 3
piles of them on the top shelf that reach the ceiling,  in addition to
a bunch on the lower shelves.  At least 50,  probably more like 100.
It will be interesting to see how long it takes them to figure out
that they're never going to fly out of there at $7 (or was it $7.50?)
apiece.

There was one pretty good find:  they have the <set:6979 Interstellar
Starfighter> on sale for about $38 (previously marked $54).  With TRU
cleaned out of the ones they had at $30,  this is probably the best
deal going on them.  That was it for Lego,  but they must have at
least a couple hundred pounds of Duplo on hand.

The Wally World next to the outlet mall has about a dozen of
<set:6180> tucked away on the top shelves.  They still scan at $15.  I
dunno whether I overlooked them when I reported a few months back that
they seemed to be all gone,  or leprechauns have been bringing them as
a prank on the stock clerks.

Stopped at the Gilroy K-Mart on the way home:  MSRP City.  I guess
they've shipped all the clearance stuff to one of the dying stores.

Ran