Subject:
Bay Area Discovery Museum Lego exhibit
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf
Date:
Mon, 18 Sep 2000 01:15:55 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

Hey all,

My NLLSO noticed in the paper today that the Bay Area Discovery Museum in
Sausalito was having a Lego exhibit   When she called we found out it was
the last day it was going to be there so we buzzed over to check it out.
Sorry I didn't have time to post to the group, I figured that not many
people would be able to make it with such a last-minute message.

It cost seven dollars each to get in, a bit pricey considering the exhibit
only filled one half of the small building.  All the sea creature sculptures
were excellent, especially the green stingray.  There were also some nice
submarine models.  I have pictures if someone would like to host them.
Here's the full article:

"Lego Ocean Adventure"  A life-
size model of an ocean ecosystem
using 183,360 plastic building
blocks.  Features a Lego octopus
and other sea creatures, underwater ro-
vers and more.  Open 10am - 5pm.
$6-$7.  Bay Area Discovery Museum,
Sausalito.  (415) 487-4398.

There was also a contest to guess the number of bricks in the sea turtle.
The winner gets a free vacation to Legoland in California.  We guessed
15,000.  I'm no good at guessing that stuff since I've never worked with
that many bricks at once.  There were also several playtables for free
building.  It looks like they had the kids build subs and put them on
display.  I rationalized that since it was the last day of the exhibit, no
one would mind to much if I kept the red 2x2x2 minifig dress I found.

Dave (don's his shame suit)