Re: Wal-Mart Sale?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf
Date:
Sun, 10 Sep 2000 21:41:39 GMT

[switching to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf,  since it's area-specific]

Looks like Wal-Mart in the Bay Area, CA is having a sale on the earlier SW
sets.  #7171 Mos Espa is $40 (down from $90), and the #7150 is $30 (down from
$50) -- which doesn't suck.

I was at the north San Jose store yesterday, and there were none.  The 7171 is
not that hot a deal,  since it's in the new $50 pack at Target.  There were
about a half-dozen 7151s at $20.  and some River Expeditions at $30.

The south San Jose store also had a couple of each of the latter when I was
there a few days ago.

Interestingly,  they *did* have about 100 (maybe more) <set:6467> Power Pit
Stops neatly stacked on the top shelf (but none on the lower shelves,  and no
vacant spot for them).  This is in blowout for $5 at the south SJ store (but I
think I'll go back and buy the last couple,  since the 6x16 green plates tend
to go for $2 a pop,  and the two white girders for 75 cents each).

I bought their last 3 <set:8246> at $2 apiece:  a good source of Technic bits,
including a couple of 1x6 half-beams.

Ran