Re: Heads up
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf
Date:
Sat, 19 Aug 2000 15:48:31 GMT

I was also suprised to find UCS Tie's and X-Wing's at the Target on
Hillsdale.  They also had all kinds of Mindstorms stuff...the digital
camera set, DSDK, Mars explorer, and the two basic starter kits.  I went
at 8 am opening and their LEGO shelves were packed.  Needless to say, I
was impressed.  They also had the MF and the Mos Espa podrace packed
with the Light Saber Duel and...ummm...I forget the other one, but the
whole thing is only $49.99!  OH, the temptations...

You may be asking yourself, "Who the heck is this guy?"  I just found
this newsgroup recently and It's great to see other AFOL's around here.
I wish I could have seen your NMRA layout...maybe next time.  Anyway, I
hope to make it to one of your meetings in Fremont sometime.
Unfortunately, I'll be camping on Sept. 2nd.  But I'll keep checking the group.

Good Day,

Dan

Mark LaRue wrote:

I was surprised like crazy. I was looking through a super K-Mart for
discounted sets and there behind some Arctic set was 2 UCS Tie's for $99. For
a place that doesnt carry good Technic or train, this seemed amazing. Anyway,
it is out there if any one wants it.