Re: //WWW.BAYLUG.ORG (weavers)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf, lugnet.trains
Date:
Fri, 5 Mar 1999 16:24:22 GMT

Russell Clark wrote:
One quick note. I would like not to see frames. I don't care for them. I'll
write more when I feel better.

Tom Stangl wrote:
I don't know, frames done RIGHT are very useful.  A thin strip on the left
side used as a Table of Contents comes in VERY handy.

  Well, rather than SPAM the trains and SF list with website/HTML talk,
I've created a small mailing list for the webmasters on the BayLUG site
If you have comments and suggestions, you can send them to "weavers" at
baylug.org. (If you want to be on the list, or be one of the weavers,
you need to send email to me, "frenezulo" at baylug.org. :-)

  ObHTMLGripe: There is some neat content on the web, but sites using
    freames make it hard to bookmark the particular pages, and then
    the pages (when bookmarked) try to get the frames working again.
    I'll give Erik Brok's site as an example. Great content, but is
    hard to navigate to to percieved slowness. I'd rather copy pictures
    from his site for local viewing, rather than browse the site. :-(

          -Z-